Friday, March 27, 2015

My Reaction to Family Life



Personally, I felt that Family Life by Akhil Sharma was a really good read. I loved that the author took a tragic situation and transformed it into something that wound up benefitting himself and his family in the longrun. Sharma did an excellent job of writing from the point of view of a child, which is something that most authors tend to stray from. I felt that it was interesting to learn about one family's struggle, not only with a tragedy, but also trying to get along in America with said tragedy as Indian immigrants. The road certainly wasn't paved for them and they had difficult times but managed to get through them together for which they should be commended. I found that the pace of the novel wasn't too fast or too slow, and that the reader could easily pay attention to and become interested in the content they are reading. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in reading about a family's struggle to stay together.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you mentioned how the author was able to write from the point of view of a child, which is a struggle among many writers. It was definitely easier to read since it was told my a tween/teen.

    ReplyDelete